3.13.2012

Maid of Honor Mania

So, as I mentioned before, my mom and I threw my sister a surprise bridal shower for her coming wedding. The theme was "The Perfect Pair". This post will just describe the decor, food, games and goodie bags.

The DECORATIONS

Amanda loves shoes, so along with the Pairs theme, we decorated with pairs of shoes. The colors, light blue and light green, are lighter shades of her wedding colors, navy blue and kelly green.

 The fleur-de-lis is always there. It's my mom's way of embracing the Louisville culture. The mantle was covered in decorative mesh netting with some cute high heel shoes.

We decorated the table with more netting and candles.

These shoes hadn't been worn yet. 

The banquet table before food with a tall vase with fake blue and green daisies.

My mom had one of their engagement pictures made into a poster.

The MENU:

Here is where the Pairs theme really comes to play:

Chicken and Rice Salad

Strawberries and Cream (the cream was Whole Food's version of CoolWhip and DELICIOUS!)

Veggies and Dip

Macaroni and Cheese

Bacon and Egg Quiche

Broccoli and Cheese Quiche

TADA!!

We also had Bread and Butter. The butters were homemade Herb Butter and Honey Butter formed into heart shapes.


Yummm!

The GOODIES

The goodie bags included jars of Sugar and Spice (Penzy's cinnamon sugar and spice mixture), Hershey's kisses in the colors (thank goodness Easter candy is out so early) and a pair of cute socks!


 

Instead of a guest book, the guests signed a pair of white flats (Target) with Sharpies in the colors. Amanda is going to wear flats for the wedding, so these flats are for her to wear while she is getting ready.
 
 

 Covered in well wishes!



The SOMETHING BLUE

So this is where I dropped the ball. I made the something blue for my sister, embroidering a handkerchief. I had almost finished a beautiful second attempt when it got destroyed in my sewing machine during my attempt at fancy, so with only 3 days (full of midterms) left, I did a third version. It turned out okay, but I wish I had had more time.




And that is how we throw a shower. It was a lovely event and included games such as Pair Pictionary (all the clues were pairs, like Birds and Bees, the Old Man and the Sea, Checks and Balances, etc.) and a purse scavenger hunt where guests searched their purses in teams to find the most items on the list (a penny with the bride's birth year, Starbucks gift cards, a blue pen, a snack, etc.)

Everyone had a wonderful time. SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment