3.16.2012

Label Tags

In an attempt at looking more profession and fancy (I'm mostly in it for the fancy) I decided to make some label tags for the things I have been creating these days, using my own little logo that I drew up myself.





Materials:
  • Computer and printer
  • Wide white or light colored ribbon (I used 7/8' and probably could have gone wider)
  • Iron-on transfer paper (the kind you use to personalize t-shirts)
  • Iron and ironing board
  • Scissors
1. Design your logo. Some of you fancier people might already have one professionally designed. I just used the OneNote function on my tablet computer to draw something.




2. Flip the image around and make a sheet of the label on a Word document. Make sure they are the appropriate size for your ribbon.




3. Print it onto the transfer paper according to the instructions.



4. Cut out each label. Cut them to fit inside your ribbon.



If you cut them too big and then try to iron them as I did the first time, terrible things will happen to your ironing board. Ooops.



5. Cut your ribbons to about 4" just so you have enough to add them to your projects.




6. Iron your labels onto the ribbon.



You can do it horizontally or vertically, depending on which way you want your labels to go.




This is what it would look like when you fold it.




I added one to the lunch bag I made in my last post


Pretty nifty huh? I thought so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment