5.12.2012

Magazine Holder

Man, it's been a while. Don't worry readers. I have been crafting away, but I am mostly working on gifts which can't be published at this time (kills the surprise). Plus, I've been dong finals and final papers (which doesn't mean I have stopped crafting either).



As you may know, I am an OT student. I am also a member of the American Occupational Therapy Association. Part of that membership is a subscription to their journal and magazine.






 And they were piling up. Boo. So my solution was to make some magazine holders that match my apartment and can keep me organized.

Materials:

  • Old cereal boxes
  • Cardstock
  • Scissors
  • Gluestick
  • Contact Paper
  • Ruler

Instructions

1. Cut the tops of the cereal box .






2. Measure about 4 inches from the bottom of the box and draw a line straight across. Then draw a diagonal line from the top corner of the box to your drawn line.





3. Cut along your lines.





4. Trace each side of the box onto the cardstock, cut them out and glue them to the sides of the box.


5. Cover with contact paper.





6. Slide in all those magazines...





and tada!!





Organized!

SPECIAL THANKS!!

My grandma sent me two huge boxes of all her craft things and extra fabric!!! Thanks Grammy!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment