1.30.2012

T-shirt Produce Bags

This tutorial was so well done that I thought even I could do it. Turning t-shirts into other things is awesome, but I am running low on t-shirts. Whoops!


Produce bags are nice for carrying... produce. But you can carry other things in it I suppose.

I'm a Chargers fan, but this shirt was a child's extra-large and it doesn't fit so well.

Materials:
  • Old t-shirt
  • Sewing machine, etc.
  • Cutting mat, scissors, and rolator cutter
  • Pins


1. Turn the shirt inside-out draw a curved line under the collar.



2. And cut.

3. Pin the curved line and sew it up.




4. Using the rolator cutter and mat, cut slits along the whole bag (except for about 4 inches at the top). I made the slits an inch apart and fairly short. (You don't want to lose your oranges!)




5. Cut the sides and a long slit to make a handle.


6. SSSTTTRRRREEEEEETTTTTCCCCCHHHH IT!



7. Turn it right side out.



8. Fill the bag with oranges!



 9. Tote it!





So this was super easy and took no time. You can make them in any size with any shirt. This one was long enough to put over my shoulder, but a smaller one might be more practical for produce shopping.

Now clip those coupons and hit up the Hy-Vee for some produce (mmm... oranges)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment