12.21.2011

Wedding Shakers

Hello Internet world!

I am new to blogging so this will be a learning process for both of us. I have designed this blog to show off and tutorial the crafts and recipes that I have churned out.

My first attempt at craft blogging is: Wedding Shakers!!

My big sister is getting MARRIED (!!) and we are so excited. As maid-of-honor I try to do what I can from 8 hours away by helping our mom assemble invitations and the like while I am home for the holidays. Today's project was deemed blog worthy.

In lieu of birdseed, rice or bubbles, as my sister and her new hubby exit the church after the nuptuals, their guests will be greeting them with a flurry of ribbons in their colors and a tinkling of bells... awwww...

The wedding shakers have evolved through many prototypes until the final product was devised.



Materials:
  • Shower curtain rings
  • Ribbons in wedding colors
  • Jingle bells
  • Zip-ties
  • Scissors
We got the shower curtain rings and jingle bells from the dollar store and ordered the ribbons so we could get 100 yards of each color. We made 99 total shakers.

1. Snap shower curtain ring together tightly. You don't want ribbons flying everywhere when wedding guests get over excited.

2. Cut ribbons into 1 yard each.
3. Loop the ribbons in half over the shower curtain ring.

4. String a jingle bell onto the zip-tie and wrap the zip-tie around the ribbons. Secure it tightly and very close to the ring and cut off the end of the zip-tip.


5. Repeat steps 1-4 100 times (or for however many guests you expect).

And you're done!

This is a super easy way to celebrate the newlyweds. Cheap and easy. Fabulous.

Ok, so this was a rather simple project. Spoiler alert: my next will be far more complicated. Looking forward to that. Let me know how I did on my first blog post. Happy holiday new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment